The ANC advises the District government on a broad range of public policy matters, including decisions regarding planning, zoning, traffic, streets, recreation, social services programs, health, safety, and sanitation in the Chevy Chase area. The Commission may devote particular attention to an issue that is important for the community, and this page includes the following task forces for 2015 (with the primary responsible commissioner(s) listed).
Membership may include one or more ANC commissioners and interested members of the community. You may volunteer to work on a task force OR request that ANC 3/4G consider establishing a new task force or advisory group on any issue that affects a significant number of people in the community by contacting the ANC Office or making your proposal at an ANC meeting.
The ANC currently has the following task forces/advisory groups for 2015 (with the primary responsible commissioner(s) listed):
- CC Community Center Renovation – Commissioner Cook and Commissioner Shapiro
- Connecticut Avenue Business District Committee – Commissioner Bradfield & Commissioner Shapiro
- Ingleside Task Force – Commissioner Speck
- Lafayette School Modernization – Commissioner Maydak
- Oregon Avenue Roadway Improvement Task Force – Commissioner Cook & Commissioner Tuck Garfield
- Street/Alley Lighting Task Force – Commissioner Maydak
- Zoning Committee – Commissioner Fromboluti & Commissioner Tuck Garfield